Saturday, December 20, 2014

Elfing


Christmas time has rolled around again. And while most years we find ourselves making the majority of the gifts we give, this year, with a new baby, we decided that we would save ourselves the extra work and just buy gifts... Holy cow! Now I see why so many people complain about the cost of Christmas. It is a good thing Papa has a better job now, than in years past. Even still, I put my foot down when it came to Baby Mousey's first Christmas ornament. I found one that I loved for her on amazon... For $23! Sorry, but that is not going to fly with me. Then I found one on zulily, but it would not be here in time for Christmas... Finally, I said to myself, "Self, how hard could it be to just make an ornament?" So that is what I set out to do. 

I searched Pinterest and came up with a few ideas. Most involved felt. Super cute, but i did not have the supplies on hand and didn't want to wait to get them. When the crafting waves hits, you have to ride it now. 

Then a link to a link to a link led me to some youtube tutorials. Boom! There is was. The perfect little mouse for my perfect little mouse. So I grabbed some clay (I had just seen some when mom was cleaning out some boxes) and made this little critter in a few minutes. 




I was psyched at how it turned out, so i cranked out two more little critters.





Later, I added eye hooks (I made them with jewelry wire) and baked them. Then I added some details with a couple of sharpies. I tied on some pink ribbon, and was done. Ornaments for my three girls, in no more than a half hour total, with only supplies I already had laying around. I call that a win.




Tails!


4 comments:

  1. These are so great! I just love them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! Merry Christmas to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these are just too cute and could not be more perfect! So glad you are all doing well!
    Happy Holidays!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Three beautiful creatures for three beautiful girls. Happy holidays! x

    ReplyDelete